From the PR wire…
Indian Folk Metal rising stars BLOODYWOOD will be releasing their debut full-length, Rakshak on February 18, 2022! They recently premiered “Gaddaar,” the first single off of the upcoming album.
BLOODYWOOD is a Folk Metal band from India known for pioneering a sound that seamlessly fuses Indian Folk instruments with Metal to devastating effect. Expect to hear the percussive power of the mighty Dhol, the melancholic Flute, the single stringed Tumbi and several other uncommon yet distinctively characteristic sounds from India. A combination of thunderous Hindi/Punjabi Choruses and meaningful yet unforgiving Rap verses along with the ethnic instrumentation, makes BLOODYWOOD a truly unique experience.
The band comments on the new single: “It’s been a while since our last song, so we wanted to come back heavy with Gaddaar! It’s a song that’s aimed at a complete separation of religion and politics across the world. Everyone deserves equal rights and equal treatment at the hands of their governments no matter who and how they worship. We’ve seen the use of religious and divisive politics globally in recent years and it needs to be spoken about.
It’s the first single we’re releasing in the build up to the album because musically speaking you’ll hear something familiar, but there’s also enough to hint at the evolution of our sound. That’ll become evident across the release of the next couple of singles and the album itself. We gave the album everything we had and can’t wait to unleash it all.”
And on the album: Rakshak means “protector” or “guardian” in Hindi. We’ve always been as passionate about the message of our music as much as the music itself, and our goal has and always will be to make a positive impact in people’s lives and on the planet.
You’ll hear songs that talk about combating mental illness, overcoming divisive politics, battling the poverty crisis, crushing corruption, eliminating sexual assault, hope, belief and undying determination. Musically we’ve taken more than a few risks and pushed the limits of our sound both vocally and instrumentally. Besides having a few songs with our signature sound, we have also experimented heavily by writing our fastest, heaviest and angriest music yet while also incorporating elements and instruments from genres that lie on the other end of the musical spectrum.
We were lucky enough to be in a position to do something positive with our time at home during the pandemic, now we’re ready to explode outwards. Rakshak being our debut album, we’ve strived to deliver one with no fillers.
Rakshak will be released on February 18, 2022. Copies can be pre-ordered at the following locations:
Additionally, the band will be embarking on a EU/UK tour beginning in Spring of 2022.
- Sat Mar 05 2022 – Im Wizemann Stuttgart, Germany Tickets
- Sun Mar 06 2022 – Zoom Frankfurt am Main, Germany Tickets
- Mon Mar 07 2022 – Die Kantine Cologne, Germany Tickets
- Tue Mar 08 2022 – La Madeleine Brussels, Belgium Tickets
- Wed Mar 09 2022 – Melkweg Amsterdam, Netherlands Tickets
- Fri Mar 11 2022 – Gruenspan Hamburg, Germany Tickets
- Sat Mar 12 2022 – Pumpehuset Copenhagen, Denmark Tickets
- Sun Mar 13 2022 – BI NUU Berlin, Germany Tickets
- Tue Mar 15 2022 – Freiheitshalle München, Germany Tickets
- Fri Mar 18 2022 – The Factory San Martino Buon Albergo, Italy Tickets
- Sat Mar 19 2022 – Slaughter Club Paderno Dugnano, Italy Tickets
- Sun Mar 20 2022 – Z7 Konzertfabrik Pratteln, Switzerland Tickets
- Tue Mar 22 2022 – LE TRABENDO (Parc de la Villette) Paris, France Tickets
- Thu Mar 24 2022 – Prince Albert Brighton, United Kingdom Tickets
- Sat Mar 26 2022 – Cathouse Glasgow, United Kingdom Tickets
- Wed Mar 30 2022 – O2 Institute 2 Birmingham Birmingham, United Kingdom Tickets
- Thu Mar 31 2022 – O2 Academy Islington North London, United Kingdom Tickets
- Thu Aug 11 2022 – Bloodstock Open Air 2022 Walton on Trent, United Kingdom Tickets
Karan Katiyar: Guitar, Flute, Percussion, Composition, Production
Raoul Kerr: Rap Vocals
Jayant Bhadula: Aggressive Vocals
Plus, follow our 2021 coverage playlist on Spotify! #nogarbagetracks