You might think with planning a three-day metal festival (four days if you count the prefest party), that Dwayne Eldredge and Friends might be taking it easier in other areas of life. But that’s not the case! Mourn the Light is currently working on their first full-length album and they’re excited to share a lyric video for their new single “Blink of an Eye.” Recorded by Dave Kaminsky at Studio Wormwood and mastered by Rob Birkbeck at Project 7:06 Sound Services, the song deals with themes of regret and hopelessness over a soundscape of harmonized guitar and vocal riffage. Check it out!
Release details for “Blink of an Eye” are coming soon — and you can probably hear the tune at one of MTL’s upcoming shows, including a weekend jaunt with Wake of Sirens in March and two festival appearances in May and June:
- March 12 – Dusk Providence, RI w/ Almost Honest, Blacksoul Seraphim, and Marrowfields
- March 27 – Altone’s Music Hall Jewett City, CT w/ Wake of Sirens, Open the Nile, Stormstress, and Black North
- March 28 – Ortlieb’s Philidelphia, PA w/ Wake of Sirens, Thunderbird Divine, and The Stone Eye
- March 29 – Millhill Basement Trenton, NJ w/Wake of Sirens, more tba
- May 16 – New England Stoner and Doom Fest 3 @ Altone’s Music Hall Jewett City, CT
- June 7 – Packfest (first ever, presented by Wolfram Productions) @ The Commercial Club in East Bridgewater MA
For more from Mourn the Light, find them on the interwebs:
For more from Alternative Control, find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Soundcloud, and bandcamp. Plus, follow our 2020 coverage playlist on Spotify to hear Mourn the Light and many more!
Comments are closed.