- Best Headbanging Hair: Bassist Gary Goudreau from End-Time Illusion.
- Best Bassist-Turned-Psychic: Keith Zalinger, formerly of Nethereal and Khasm and currently moonlighting as a psychic-at-large – trust us, that shit’s not made up!
- Best Parallel Dimension Bass Players: Michael Simmons of Stamford band Physics of Demise and Michael Simmons of New London band Darkitecht.
- Best Metal Doppelgangers: bassists Johnny Pluckman of Lyra and Mike Lachapelle of 60 Grit– the beards match, and so do the instruments!
- Best Venue to Walk To: Seaside Tavern. Not only can I walk there, I can go get ice cream or burgers at TropiGlace or Pat’s between sets.
- Best Return to Music: Baldwin [who swore off the music scene in early 2012]. I braved my least favorite venue in order to see the premiere of Jimmy Junk Bird and the Stiffs and Baldwin did not disappoint.
- Best Newbie: Carlos from Jimmy Junk Bird. (I’m sensing a pattern here.) What a great addition to the scene! Dude draws a crowd!
- Best Special Event: The Pluckening beats the Alternative Control fundraiser by a hair…. Well, lots of hair. But sometimes it’s better to help others eat!