By Jessica May and The Headbanging Hostess, because why write a whole column by yourself? Some things are better with friends….
- Best Headbanging Hair: Bassist Gary Goudreau from End-Time Illusion.
- Best Bassist-Turned-Psychic: Keith Zalinger, formerly of Nethereal and Khasm and currently moonlighting as a psychic-at-large – trust us, that shit’s not made up!
- Best Parallel Dimension Bass Players: Michael Simmons of Stamford band Physics of Demise and Michael Simmons of New London band Darkitecht.
- Best Metal Doppelgangers: bassists Johnny Pluckman of Lyra and Mike Lachapelle of 60 Grit– the beards match, and so do the instruments!
- Best Venue to Walk To: Seaside Tavern. Not only can I walk there, I can go get ice cream or burgers at TropiGlace or Pat’s between sets.
- Best Return to Music: Baldwin [who swore off the music scene in early 2012]. I braved my least favorite venue in order to see the premiere of Jimmy Junk Bird and the Stiffs and Baldwin did not disappoint.
- Best Newbie: Carlos from Jimmy Junk Bird. (I’m sensing a pattern here.) What a great addition to the scene! Dude draws a crowd!
- Best Special Event: The Pluckening beats the Alternative Control fundraiser by a hair…. Well, lots of hair. But sometimes it’s better to help others eat!
What about the return of RAIL after a mere 14+ years of not playign together?
What about the fact that although it was purely for self promotion, Tommy RAIL, AKA JIMMY ROME aka Sekret Tommy finally participated in the scene (albeit extraordinarily peripherally) with this comment? Every little bit counts!!!
Comments are closed.