There may be some far-flung bands performing, but at its core the New England Stoner and Doom Festival is all about… Wait for it…. New England. The fest will be held May 15th-17 at Altones in Jewett City, CT with a prefest party May 14th at 33 Golden Street in New London, CT. Here are the bands that will put the Yankee in your doodle:
- Worshipper — hailing from Boston and departing on tour with Weedeater in March
- Bone Church — New Haven’s finest, recently signed to Ripple Music
- Summoner — Boston stoner rock on Magnetic Eye Records
- Churchburn — Rhode Island riff masters ft. former members of Vital Remains, Sin of Angels, and Grief
- Barishi — Groovy Vermont trio on Seasons of Mist
- Afghan Haze — “Satan’s Helpers” from the Nutmeg State
- Curse the Son — New Haven, CT smokey Sabbath-worship
- Dust Prophet (prefest party) — New Hampshire’s apocalyptic rockers, featuring a new vocalist soon to be announced
- Scuzzy Yeti (prefest party) — More from New Hampshire, rollin’ in with a cloud of smoke
- Mourn the Light — This hook-heavy doom band is a driving force in Eastern Connecticut’s metal scene.
- Gorge — Connecticut doom that delivers a transcendent live experience.
- Black Horse Rebellion — Connecticut group performing honest, gritty riff rock.
- Coma Hole — Alice-in-Chains meets doom duo from Rhode Island.
- Problem With Dragons — Massachusetts power trio serving up a fuzzy mix of subgenres.
- O’K and the Night Crew — based in Hartford, CT and Brattleboro, VT, this trio pays homage to the classic masters.
- Buzzard Canyon — Pedal-to-the-metal Connecticut quintet.
- When the Deadbolt Breaks — Connecticut trio that’s, according to The Obelisk, “no less at home in grind than they are in pummeling sludge or ambient soundscaping.”
- Black North — Groton, Connecticut outfit serving up hard-hitting stoner rock
- Sentinel Hill — Charlie might have four new bands by the time this fest rolls around, so be sure to catch Eastern CT’s favorite “heavy swamp Yankees” while ya can! 😉
- Entierro — trad metal quartet from New Haven, CT known for guitar and rhythm section interplay.
Weekend passes for New England Stoner Doom Fest are available here and include free admission to the pre-party on Thursday 5/14. Friday headliner and final roster announcements coming soon. Note that there are ZERO ticket fees and free parking for the fest. Don’t forget to join the Facebook event!
For more from Alternative Control, find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Soundcloud, and bandcamp. Join our mailing list here.
Comments are closed.